Though we don't make it "the main thing" at LBC, I believe that we should continue as individual believers and sometimes as a church group to be very vocal in our world against the immorality around us. Christ wants us to be salt in light in this vile world. I am speaking of boycotting, picketing, letters to the editor, radio, phone calls, signing petitions, etc.
You will remember that I encouraged you to join the American Family Association to boycott McDonalds to withdraw from the Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. They did withdraw after Christian's all over the country pressured them. AFA is encouraging companies to remain neutral in these moral fights.
Pepsico Corporation (Pepsi, Frito Lay, Quaker Oats, Tropicana, Gatorade) has become a very outspoken leader in the corporate world for the Homosexual agenda. This includes financial support, diversity training to workers, fringe benefits to gay partners, membership in the Gay Chamber of Commerce, open homosexual commercials on TV, ads in Out Magazine, etc.
I want you to read the letter that I sent to them via their General Contact site at www.pepsico.com :
I want Pepsico to know that I will be boycotting your company and encouraging everyone to do so until you become neutral on the homosexual agenda.
Stop giving advertising money to Out Magazine (Homosexual Pornography). Stop supporting Gay Pride day. Stop running ads encouraging homosexual activity. Withdraw from the Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce.
Other companies have become neutral: Ford, McDonalds, etc. Follow their example of an American Company that does not push agendas that offend a very large segment of Conservative Americans. We drink soft drinks also.
In addition to writing this letter, I called the Pepsi Consumer Hotline and expressed my boycott until they become neutral on the Homosexual agenda. 1-866-626-0633
I ask the Christians of LBC to speak up and not be silent on the terrible moral state of our Country. We prevailed with McDonalds and we can influence Pepsi. We are definitely fighting a losing battle, but shame on the Christian who will not fight for the Word of God. We are to occupy until the Victor Comes in the Clouds with a rod of iron to set all things right. "Are there no foes for me to face? Must I not stem the flood? Is this vile world a friend to grace, To help me on to God?...Sure I must fight if I would reign; Increase my courage, Lord; I'll bear the toil, endure the pain, Supported by Thy Word." - Isaac Watts
Here is the American Family Association information on the issue:
• Call PepsiCo's Board of Directors Concern Line at 1-866-626-0633 and tell the board of directors that you are boycotting PepsiCo and asking others to do the same. If there is no answer or you get a recording, stay on the line until a live operator comes on.
• Sign the Boycott Pepsi Pledge. After signing the pledge, please call Pepsi (914-253-2000 or 1-800-433-2652) and tell the company you will boycott its products until it stops promoting the homosexual agenda.
• Call the Pepsi bottler nearest you and ask it to stop supporting the homosexual agenda.
• Pepsi’s products include Pepsi soft drinks, Frito-Lay chips and snacks (800-352-4477), Quaker Oats (800-367-6287), Tropicana (800-237-7799) and Gatorade (800-884-2867).
• Print the Boycott Pepsi Pledge and distribute it.
• Forward this e-mail to your friends and family so they will know about Pepsi’s support of the homosexual agenda. Millions of people are not aware of Pepsi’s support of homosexual organizations.