My sweet wife was reading in Mark this week and talked to me about the life of John the Baptist. She was pondering his purpose in life. She asked if I've considered that his entire life was dedicated for the use of the Lord Jesus. Now, think about this for a minute in light of the purpose of your life. Consider John:
1. Glorified Jesus in the womb
2. Prepared the way of Christ by preaching as soon as he was old enough
3. Lived extremely minimally on locust and honey in the wilderness for his task
4. Publicly declared Jesus as Christ before masses for the first time
5. Was imprisoned for his righteous stand and outspoken holiness
6. Was beheaded
Think about this man's life. It was spent all for God and more specifically Christ. We value ourselves and the will of God for us so much that we miss that we are made "for" Him. We don't realize that it is a good thing to be sacrificed in a way that causes us "less" for Christ's sake. Are you and I willing to lay down ourselves like John the Baptist for the only purpose of preparing the way for the Lord?
This is what my sweet wife shared with me.
Post a Comment